The Phalgu Dharamshala was built in the year 1930 on the historic Phalgu shrine
located in the village Pharal.
Shri Phalak Rishi
It was built by Seth Shivanand Rai of village Serhada in Kaithal District, in memory of his father Seth Ghasi Ram. The temple was built in the dharmshala between the years 1951-56.
In 1956, Pt. Jado Ram Sharma took over the responsibility of running the dharmshala and offering prayers in the temple. He continued his services till July 1994. Since then, his son Pt. Jai Gopal Sharma is handling this responsibility.
Pt. Jai Gopal Sharma took on the huge responsibility of renovating the ancient temple so that it remains strong in structure. The old roofs made of Lakhori bricks were rebuilt and all walls were re-plastered. After this renovation work, beautification of the temple was embarked on.
Along with idols of Hindu Gods and Goddesses, statues of the wives of Shri Phalak Rishi, Shri Soma , Bhoma and Goma were installed. A PranPratishtha program was organized on 9 July 2011, in which approx. Rs. 9 L was invested. The 2 nd Pran Pratishtha program was held on 28 June 2020. Rs. 5L was spent to establish the Dashavatara idols of Lord Vishnu.
Presently, Phalak Rishi Temple and the Dharmshala are being taken care of by Pt. Jaigopal Sharma, supported by his sons, Mr. Dinesh Sharma and Mr. Mukesh Sharma.
Pt. Jai Gopal Sharma
Images of Phalgu Tirtha
Phalkivan, one of the seven forests of Kurukshetra, is a place of great virtue. Presently, Phalkivan is famous for Phalgu Tirtha and Phalak Rishi mandir.